Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Good Report!

My blood draw and quarterly check up with Dr. Frick (my oncologist) was good!  I am very thankful that the numbers look good and he is pleased with them!  Praise God!  
Side effects come and go - mostly just the numbness in my fingers and toes - but it is now mostly just finger tips and the toes - well - it fluctuates between being fine, raynauds flaring up, and being numb from the ball of my foot forward.   My fine motor coordination is slowly gertting a little better.  The doc says this will all improve with time....
I am so thankful to be at this point and feeling pretty good!

Yesterday, as I went for my pre-op testing, I learned that you have to be typed and cross-matched at the facility where your surgery is going to be.  Didn't know that before.  
Even if the computers talk, you have to go to the actual facility.   
So when I was done with Dr. Frick, I drove across town with my medical port accessed to be drawn at the surgery center - only to discover that they didn't know how to get my info into the computer, linked to me and my surgery -- and the lab that I was to go to to get drawn, didn't have a nurse to work with my port, (blood drawers, or phlebotomists, are not allowed to cap a port as it involved a heparin push, which can only be done by a nurse) so I had to go to infusion to get that done!
It was quite an exercise in frustration, and self restraint :)
I was reminded of the verse that says "he who hold his tongue is wise" and "pleasant words are like honey."  
All the tests were good though - they can operate! :) 

Being in infusion (where chemo is given) reminded me again how blessed I had been going through chemo, that I didn't get sicker or weaker.  You are awesome prayer warriors!  It made such a difference!  


Today I am thankful for 
foggy rain, and a raincoat 
Tues morning bible study
Chance being sassy - making me laugh
challenges that keep me humble and growing
fear that keeps me depending on God
His peace that is unexplainable - but is here.

Blessings to each of you -- and thanks for checking in!  
  
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment